NATIONAL HONOR SOCIETY
SCHOLARSHIP, LEADERSHIP, SERVICE, CHARACTER
National Honor Society (NHS) students are enthusiastic and talented student leaders and scholars on our campus. In order to be selected and maintain membership, students must have a 3.5 cumulative GPA and demonstrate character through their interactions with faculty, staff, and peers. Once accepted, NHS students organize and participate in a multitude of service events ranging from blood drives and food drives to mud runs and Christmas-caroling for the elderly.
We currently have over 50 members of this exceptional group, and look forward to adding more in the future. If you’re interested, please see Ms. Buda or Dr. Ettner at the beginning of the semester for an Information Form to indicate your interest to join.
NHS members receive many benefits, such as:
- Going to lunch early
- Attending special off-campus events
- Eligibility for special field trips/events
- Eligibility for NHS-only scholarships
- Being part of a social community that does fun events together
- Potlucks at least twice a year
- Ability to claim membership on résumé and college applications (a huge perk!)
- Experience in leadership skills through organizing school events
- The ability to become an officer (another great résumé-builder!)
- Wearing golden stoles at graduation