Futures High School Students are expected to be:
Effective Communicators who:
- Read, write, speak, and listen reflectively and critically.
- Use speech and the written word clearly and concisely.
- Use language to communicate ideas clearly and comprehensively
- Have effective interpersonal skills of integrity, honesty, and responsibility
Quality Producers who:
- Create practical, artistic, intellectual and physical product
- Show pride in the quality of their work.
- Use computers and other technological equipment proficiently.
Critical Thinkers who:
- Organize, analyze, combine, and access critical data to solve problems and create products.
- Collect data, think critically, develop options, and make sound decisions.
- Speak clearly presenting evidence and being able to argue opinions effectively.
- Have clear understanding of opportunities and pathways to prepare for college and career.
Lifelong Learners who:
- Conduct self evaluations, constantly work to increase their knowledge and improve their skills and are motivated, self directed learners.
- Set and follow through with the short-term and long-term academic and personal goals.
- Gather, interpret, and synthesize information from a variety of informational sources.
- Adapt to a changing society and improved technologies by staying informed of current world events and changes.
Responsible Citizens who:
- Demonstrate civic awareness when involved in decision making.
- Use knowledge gained and skills learned to make informed decisions and choices.
- Take responsibility for their actions.
- Contribute time, energy, and resources in a responsible manner in socially and culturally diverse local and global communities.
- Affirm and recognize contributions of peers and community.
- Be active part of the self-managing group by exercising emotional intelligence, self-control, and resilience.
- Conduct themselves in an honest, ethical manner.